Saturday, June 25, 2011

Take Me to Mr. J's

Today is June 24th 2011; an end to a chapter of my wonderful life, yet an opening to a new chapter.
Recently I have graduated from my Business Administration Management program. My dad flew all the way back to Canada to join me in convocation. Recently I received a job confirmation from TD Bank for a teller position, this means that it is farewell to 3i Financial for real this time. Recently, my relationship has been going very well, in fact our families plan on meeting each other over dimsum this weekend.

I reminisce about my life, 7-8 years ago, I have transitioned so much. I went from being the loser of a grade 8 crowd, being made fun of shopping at Wal-Mart buying brands like 925 and B.U.M. Equipment, to right now, useing prada and LV's while the girls that made fun of me are stuck on coach and Guess bags. I am now a successful graduate with a white collar job, offered full benefits, working in the second largest bank in Canada.

I continuously reflect upon my life, the path I've chose to take, the choices I've made when placed on countless crossroads, I am so glad to be able to look at myself in the mirror every morning and thank the Lord for whom I've become. I might have made many poor choices in my past, and even as of the future, being challenged by God and tempted by the Devil over and over again, but I tand clear, confident and proud. I am so determined in my life to succeed and excel that I will do almost anything to be able to provide for my family in the near future. I wish to live a relaxing life, offer my children only the best; exactly what my parents have sacrificed and given me, as well as take care of my parents the way they deserve to be treated.

I look back at my life for the past years in many aspects; relationship, career path, education and family... For so many years I have dated everyone from drug dealer to useless boys to guys that objectify me to fobs to guys that have tore my heart part, yet here I stand, picking myself up from where they leave me each time, shafted in pieces on the floor and managing to start over again, so I am thankful for Roger.

Career wise, I have managed to work from a girl at a food court to real estate to sales to a white collar job to getting a taste of my not so dream job anymore to working in the second largest bank in Canada. I am so thankful for being able to find any job post graduate. I feel like my life is actually in my control and that all my hard work networking has actuAlly paid off. For once I feel like things do work... If u put in the effort, or if u have control, you can really do anything. Always always grasp opportunities, because they are not given, only earned. It is interesting how I always pictured myself to be successful while the "mean girls " in school are probably stuck in the rut of retail or considered a drop out by this time. I cannot express how wonderful I feel about my life right now.

For the past year I have doubted everything, wondering if roger is the one, if I will be able to finish school as planned, if I will be able to find a good job in a reputable firm... Wondering if the lath I have paved for myself, or Gods plan for me have come through yet.

In the next year or two I am planning to continue to work so hard to map out my future, and continue to strive for the best for myself and everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment